Mobile Video Monthly #12 September 2019: longer Snap Ads and TikTok audience network
Mobile Video Monthly
October 1, 2019
Get top insights
Subscribe to our blog newsletter
We’re back with another Mobile Video Monthly, where we discuss the changes and trends regarding video in the mobile app space. It can be news about ASO, UA or other ways video can be leveraged by developers and publishers
Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss any of our blog posts. Check out the previous editions here:
- Mobile Video Monthly #11 August 2019 edition: Play Store redesign and store listing videos autoplaying
- Mobile Video Monthly #10 July 2019 edition: Facebook feed ad aspect ratio, Play Store autoplay videos
- Mobile Video Monthly #9 – June 2019 edition: new ads on Instagram (Discover) and App campaigns (Safari iOS)
- Mobile Video Monthly #8 – May 2019 edition: YouTube ad formats, Line stories and amazon
- Mobile Video Monthly #7 – April 2019 edition: iPhone X App Previews, Snap Audience Network & More
- Mobile Video Monthly #6 – March 2019 edition: Facebook Ad Library, Amazon video ads and new ASA countries
- Mobile Video Monthly #5 – February 2019 edition: Facebook ad changes and Reddit App Installs
- Mobile Video Monthly #4 – January 2019 edition: Reddit and TikTok Video Ads
- Mobile Video Monthly #3 – December edition: Video on Instagram, TV targeting on YouTube
- Mobile Video Monthly #2 – November edition: Pinterest ads expand, AMP Story Ads and more
- Mobile Video Monthly #1 – October edition: new YouTube ad ratios, conversion windows and more
TikTok planning a native audience network – September 3
Such a network would allow you to target users using other apps and games, outside of TikTok.
While TikTok currently supports various ad formats, we can imagine that ad creatives in this audience network would be either portrait 9:16 or landscape 16:9 (so user experience is best for people either playing in vertical or horizontal mode).
Snap ads up to 3 minutes long and optimization for 15-second video views – September 24
Snapchat announced a few different updates on the advertising side.
Snap ads are no longer limited to 10 seconds only, which is a pretty big shift. Although nothing else changes, advertisers can now run ads as long as 180-seconds. This is great news as it will give more creative flexibility to advertisers and agencies like us. Plus, you no longer need a different creative from the Instagram Stories (15 seconds max).
Something else Snapchat introduced is a new bidding option where the goal is to optimize for 15-second video views. You can use this goal-based bidding to maximize engagement.
Snap is also now allowing interaction (swipe up) on six second non-skippable videos.
Did we miss any big news related to mobile video for March? If so, let us know in the comments!